Recipe is from Life in the Lofthouse
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 tbs ketchup
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt, to taste
- preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Cut chicken into cubes.
- Dip chicken into the cornstarch to coat then dip into the eggs.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and cook your chicken until browned but not cooked through.
- Place the chicken in a baking dish.
- Mix all of your sweet and sour sauce ingredients in a bowl with a whisk and then pour evenly over the chicken.
- Bake for one hour, turning the chicken every 15 minutes.